I have lots of random things to say today:
- Happy Friday the 13th! Spooooky!
- Happy First Fall Friday of 2013 as well!
- The World of Harry Potter is still expanding!!!! I am beyond excited, obviously. Just do a search for "Harry Potter" on this blog to understand why :)
- We're in Chicago this weekend (yay!) and I have lots of good stuff planned, most importantly our engagement pictures on Sunday (whoop!). Fingers crossed the 30% chance of rain goes completely away.
- Have you been enjoying New York Fashion Week from the comfort of your computer screens like I have?! While I have liked a lot of the designs, I haven't loved anything the way I normally do. But Fashion Week is likely the reason I came across the top image here this week though, from Christian Dior's 1949 Haute Couture collection (see it in glorious action here and here). That petal skirt, ugh, I want. And I was immediately struck by how much it reminded me of Glinda's bubble dress from Wicked. No way that was a coincidence, right? Love how 50-year-old fashion can inform today.